These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry instructions are deemed to form part of these Terms and Conditions. All participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
1. Eligibility: This promotion is open to residents of the UK aged 18 years or over at the date of entry, excluding employees of the Promoter and their immediate families, associated agents or anyone professionally connected with the Promotion.
2. Promotion Period: The promotion will run from 00:00 on 10 July 2023 until 23:59 on 26 November 2023.
3. Wrap up Draw Period: The Wrap up Draw period will run from 00:00 on 27 November to 23:59 on 29 February 2024. Any entries received after the close of the wrap up draw period will not be accepted.
4. Purchase is necessary. Retain receipt showing date of purchase during the main or wrap up draw period and prior to date of entry for verification. Registration required.
5. Entry instructions: To enter, purchase a promotional 70cl bottle of Monkey Shoulder then scan the QR code on pack or go to www.winwithmonkeyshoulder.co.uk and enter your name and email address to register for the draw for the chance to win a House Party at winner’s address worth £5,000 or 1 of 2,000 Monkey Shoulder merchandise prizes via online instant win during the main promotional period.
6. Entry is online only. Internet access and a valid email address is required.
7. Only one entry per person per week will be accepted during the Promotion and Wrap Up Draw Periods. Anyone entering more frequently will be disqualified.
8. Prizes: There are 2,002 Prizes available to be won as follows:
9. Main Promotion House Party Prize Draw Winner Selection: All valid entries received by the Promoter during the Main Promotion Period will be entered into a Prize draw using a randomised computer process to be conducted within 3 working days of the Main Promotion closing date.
10. Main Promotion House Party Prize Draw Winner Notification: The Winner will be contacted via the email address provided upon entry within 5 working days of the draw and will be required to respond to confirm identity and eligibility (passport, driving licence or equivalent), and provide receipt and acceptance of the Prize within 14 days of initial contact by replying to notification email. In the event a Winner does not respond to communications within 14 days of initial contact, rejects the prize or are ineligible, the Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative Winner from all remaining valid entries received using the same methodology as above, with the originally selected Winner forfeiting their right to the Prize. The process will repeat until an eligible winner is able to claim the prize. Entrants are encouraged to monitor their email account during this time in case they are the winner. The house party prize winner will be requested to provide their county of residence for the purpose of the winners list if no objection is received.
11. Main Promotion House Party Prize Draw Prize Delivery: You will be asked to provide mobile number and address details and will be sent an email within 28 days of date of valid claim and the completion of the verification process containing additional prize information to fulfil the house party prize.
12. Main Promotion Merchandise Winner Selection: Winners will be determined by a secure and automatic computer-generated algorithm that produces verifiably random results. The number of Prizes won will be dependent on participation rates. Estimated chance of winning is 1 in 50 based on a pack volume of 100,000. Although all Prizes will be available to be won, there is no guarantee that they will all be won. Any prizes that are won but not claimed will be allocated to the Wrap Up Draw.
13. Main Promotion Merchandise Winner Notification: Winners will be notified instantly on screen and will be asked to provide home postal address and upload receipt showing purchase of a Promotional bottle of Monkey Shoulder during the Main Promotion Period and prior to date of entry. Prize claim to be provided within 14 days of prize win notification.
14. Main Promotion Merchandise Prize Delivery: Prizes will be delivered via Royal Mail to the home postal address provided by the Winners at time of Prize win within 28 days of date of win and the completion of the verification process. In the unlikely event that a Prize doesn’t arrive within 28 days of a Winner claiming their Prize, Winners will have a further 28 days to inform the Promoter by contacting us at Monkeyshoulder@promotionscustomerservices.com. In the event that a Winner does not inform the Promoter within this timeframe, the Promoter will reserve the right to not reissue the Prize or limit its value at their sole discretion. The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect home postal address details provided by the Winner under clause 13.
15. Wrap up Draw Winner Selection: All valid entries received by the Promoter during the Wrap Up Draw Period will be entered into a Prize draw using a randomised computer process to be conducted within 3 working days of the Wrap Up draw Period closing date.
16. Wrap up Draw Winner Notification: The Winner and any winners of unclaimed online instant win prizes from the main promotion period will be contacted via the email address provided upon entry within 5 working days of the draw and will be required to respond to confirm acceptance of the Prize and provide name, postal address and receipt showing purchase of a Promotional bottle of Monkey Shoulder during the Main Promotion Period and prior to date of entry within 14 days of initial contact. In the event the Winner does not respond to communications within 14 days of initial contact, rejects the prize or are ineligible, the Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative Winner from all remaining valid entries received using the same methodology as above, with the originally selected Winner forfeiting their right to the Prize. The process will repeat twice after which all remaining prizes will be null and void. Entrants are encouraged to monitor their email account during this time in case they are the Wrap Up Draw winner.
17. Wrap up Draw Prize Delivery: Prize will be delivered via Royal Mail to the home postal address provided by the Winner within 28 days of date of Prize acceptance and the completion of the verification process. In the unlikely event that a Prize doesn’t arrive within 28 days of a Winner claiming their Prize, Winners will have a further 28 days to inform the Promoter by contacting us at Monkeyshoulder@promotionscustomerservices.com. In the event that a Winner does not inform the Promoter within this timeframe, the Promoter will reserve the right to not reissue the Prize or limit its value at their sole discretion. The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect home postal address details provided by the Winner under clause 16.
18. Prizes are as stated, are not for exchange or resale and no other Prize alternatives including cash are available. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Promoter, a Prize will only be awarded directly to the entrant responsible for a winning email address. Entrants who make an entry on someone else’s behalf will be disqualified, at the Promoter’s discretion.
19. No correspondence: Winner selection is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into, except with the Prize Winners.
20. Bulk entries, entrants using multiple addresses, email addresses, numbers or via agents, third parties, trade, organised groups, syndicates or those automatically generated by computer will not be accepted but may still be charged. Entries received by any means other than as specified in these Terms will be rejected. Any person persistently trying to circumvent the entry process will be disqualified immediately.
21. Incomplete, illegible, invalid or misdirected entries will not be accepted. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of delivery.
22. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility in the event a Winner is not able to take their Prize for whatever reason, including if a Winner provides incorrect email address or address details.
23. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prizes, or part of a prize, for alternative Prizes of equal or greater value.
24. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter and its agents will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate entrants for any losses that may be incurred as a result of entering the Promotion and the Promoter does not accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of a Winner’s acceptance of a Prize except where such damage or loss is caused by the negligence of the Promoter or its agents. The Winners’ statutory rights are not affected.
26. The Promoter will make available the house party winner’s surname and county of residence to members of the public who request such details from 1 April 2024 to 30 April 2024 by emailing email@example.com. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse such requests. Entrants can object to such disclosure, or request that disclosure be limited in scope by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. However, the Promoter may, notwithstanding any objection, disclose the information to the Advertising Standards Authority if required to do so.
27. General: The Promoter cannot be held responsible for the failure of any third party to fulfil its obligations in connection with this promotion, although the Promoter will endeavour to minimise the effect of such failure on the entrants.
28. The Promoter is not responsible for any entries which fail to be registered or are delayed for any technical or other reason whatsoever. The Promoter cannot be held responsible if the Winner does not receive their Prize as a result of having provided incomplete or inaccurate email address details.
29. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the winning entries including asking for proof of purchase and address and a Winner’s identity, including proof of age, (which they must provide within 14 days but which will not be retained following verification by the Promoter and redemption of the Prize) and to refuse to award the Prize or withdraw the Prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of the entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means. The Promoter will be the final arbiter in any decisions, and these will be binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to this clause.
30. In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this promotion or the awarding of the Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, modify or suspend the promotion, replace the Prize with an alternative Prize of equal or higher value, or amend these terms and conditions, at any stage, with no liability to any entrants or third parties, but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
31. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion, the fulfilment of the prizes and/or the use of the prizes, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
32. The Promoter has no control over internet or communication networks and is not liable for any problems associated with them due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise. The Promoter will not be held liable to any individual for any fraud committed by any third party nor for any event beyond its control including, but not limited to, user error and any network, computer, hardware or software failures of any kind which may restrict, delay or prevent a participant’s entry to the promotion.
33. If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
34. This promotion and these terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and the parties to any dispute or action shall submit to the jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts unless you live in another part of the UK, in which case your local courts will have jurisdiction.
35. Entrants are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions by participating in this promotion.
36. The Promoter does not intend to use this Promotion in any way to encourage the excessive consumption of alcohol.
Promoter: William Grant & Sons, Form 1, 17 Bartley Wood Business Park, Hook RG27 9XA. The Promoter encourages responsible drinking. See drinkaware.co.uk for the facts. The Promoter does not intend to use this Promotion in any way to encourage the excessive consumption of alcohol.